Skip to main content

Canning Recipe of the Week: Honey Lemon Jelly



I've been designing a lot of things with lemon patterns at my Zazzle stores lately and it has really gotten me in the mood for some lemony goodness.  So when I tripped across this recipe I knew I had to share it.  The spring of 2020 has been the longest spring I can ever remember in my 58 years of life and it is not over yet. But maybe this summery recipe will add cheer to our taste buds while it helps us hang on through another few weeks of the new social distancing we are having to endure.

I can't wait to try this one! Let me know if you did and how you liked it. 


Honey Lemon Jelly




Ingredients:

  • 2-1/2 cups honey
  • 3/4 cup lemon juice
  • 6 tablespoons grated lemon zest
  • 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin




Directions:

 
  • In large non reactive pan, combine honey, lemon juice and zest. 
  • Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. 
  • Stir in pectin. 
  • Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
    Remove from heat; skim off foam.
  • Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. 
  • Wipe rims. 
  • Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.  
  • Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. 
  • Bring to a boil; process for 5 min for 1000 ft altitudes and below  (add one min. per 1000 ft.)
  • Remove jars and cool.



And if you happen to raise honey bees 
I have the perfect label for your golden jars of goodness! 
Buy it HERE




Comments