Skip to main content

14 Ways to Eat Jelly and More.

So you might have spent some time browsing the recipes on this blog and thinking... what would I do with all that jelly if I did make it? 

Two things: 

  • There is no such thing as too much jelly, (that is my motto).
  • You have to learn to think outside of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich box. 


There are so many ways to enjoy jelly, so many things to put it on. 


  1. The French put it on croissants.
  2. You can put some on a bagel, but don't tell any New Yorkers about it!
  3. The British are famous for scones and jam, a tea time favorite.
  4. Southerners are known for buttermilk biscuits, butter and peach jelly.
  5. Nobody doesn't like a jelly doughnut or long john.
  6. Native Americans eat fry bread and jelly.
  7. Mexicans eat strawberry jelly in tamales.
  8. Mint jelly is good on lamb and pork.
  9. Cranberry jelly and chutney make turkey something special.
  10. Try some of your favorite flavor jelly on your oatmeal. I like peach and apple on mine.
  11. In a pinch some cream cheese and jalepeno jelly on crackers make a satisfying snack.
  12. Blackberry jam on waffles.
  13. Blueberry jelly on pancakes!
  14. Oh and there is no better breakfast than a hot buttered English muffin with a spoonful of plum jelly. 

As you can see I am in no danger of running out of ways to eat jelly. I am sure I haven't covered them all but I hope I have made the case for why you need to make some jelly soon! Hungry yet?


Get geared up with this cute apron that has my jelly motto on it.

Buy it HERE


Comments

  1. Oh, and there's more! Jam or jelly mixed with cottage cheese is better than the store-bought pineapple variety. Also, mixing it with plain yogurt is better than a lot of the flavored yogurts. Why? You can make it just a little sweet or all the way up to dessert-worthy stuff. Mint jelly with lamb is something I know, but I've never had it with pork. I'll have to try it. (I bet blueberry jam would be super with vanilla ice cream.) And there's more: I have a quasi-muffin recipe where I dole out half the batter into the cups, drop a healthy teaspoonful of jelly or jam (any flavor) onto the first layer, then cover it with the rest of the batter. It's a cousin to the jelly doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Barbara, what great ideas! I see we both agree that there is no such thing as too much jelly! I am going to try the jelly muffin idea soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment